The committee meets four times a year at the Fine Arts Athletic Complex located at 9200 Mid-Cities, North Richland Hills. The meetings will be conducted from 4:30 – 5:45 p.m. on the following dates:
- September 11, 2017
- November 13, 2017
- February 26, 2018
- April 16, 2018
Criteria for serving on BISD’s Teaming for Excellence in Education (TEE) Committee are:
The committee shall include six parents of students currently enrolled within the District and is not an employee of BISD.
A community representative must not be a parent of a student currently enrolled and shall reside in the District and be at least 18 years of age. The committee shall include two community members selected by a process that provides for adequate representation of the community’s diversity.
Business member representatives need not reside in nor operate businesses in the District. The committee shall include two business people, selected by a process that provides for adequate representation of the community’s diversity.
If you are interested in serving as a Parent, Community, or Business representative on the 2017-18 TEE Committee, complete the online application form below, and submit no later than Friday, September 1, 2017.
Those selected will be contacted by the district by Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
Questions concerning the TEE Committee may be direct to EJ Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-547-5749.
2017-18 Online Student Registration
Register Returning Students (link to Skyward)
If you do not know your Family Access login, you may follow one of the options:
- From June through August, please visit the BISD Administration Building (located at 6125 E. Belknap St. in Haltom City), Monday – Thursday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.;
- On or after August 2, please visit your child’s school.
Returning students must complete online registration before arriving on the first day of school. Once this is done, parents will not have to come to the school unless notified by the individual schools.
* Members of the student’s primary family only (as currently identified in the district’s student information system and on the student enrollment form on file at the school).
Visit birdvilleschools.net/onlineregistration during August 2-20 to register new students.
- Parent must submit a BISD New Student Enrollment AccountRequest.*
(For 2017-18, this will be open from August 2 – May 2018.)
- Once a confirmation email has been received, parents must complete the New Student Online Registration.
- Once New Student Online Registration is completed, parents must take required documents listed below to their child’s campus to complete the registration process.
* NOTE: To add a new student to an existingBISD Family account, sign into your Student Family Access account and select New Student Online Enrollment.
Monday, Aug. 7
A–L: 8–11 a.m.
M–Z: 3–7 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 8
M–Z: 8–11 a.m.
A–L: 3–7 p.m.
BISD strongly encourages parents to take advantage of this opportunity to complete the registration process.
(Note: We register families by last name so that parents do not have to take off multiple days of work.)
**PARENTS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO THE CAMPUS:
- Parent Identification
- Student Identification (one of the following): Birth certificate*, passport, adoption records or any other legal document that establishes identity such as Military ID, prior school records, or state ID.
- Proof of Residency: Current utility bill (water, gas, electric), lease agreement, cable bill, mortgage payment book, homeowner’s insurance policy, etc.
- Current immunization records
- Applicable Custody/Court Orders
* For a student who is under 11 years of age and is enrolling in your school for the first time, per the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 63.019, certain additional requirements related to documentation of identity and age apply. Your school must notify the person enrolling the student that the person has up to 30 days from enrollment, or up to 90 days from enrollment for a child not born in the United States, to provide a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate. If the person is unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate, the person must produce, within the same time period, other acceptable proof of the child’s identity and age (see list from preceding paragraph) and a signed note explaining why the person was unable to produce a certified copy of the birth certificate.